Refugee Health Home
Refugee Health Resources
Refugee Health Statistics
Contact Us ____________________
HIV Treatment & Care
Leprosy (Hansen's Disease)
Bureau of Epidemiology
Unified State Laboratories: Public Health
"Bridging the Gap" Medical Interpreter Training Course
Fall 2013 Biannual Training
Registration Deadline: 10/11/13
Training Dates: 10/24, 10/25, 10/31, 11/1, 11/8
Times: 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Contact: Edwin Espinel 801-538-9480 email@example.com
Spring 2014 Biannual Training
Contact: Jelena Pasalic 801-538-6977 Jpasalic@utah.gov
Please Note: Preference is given to candidates who are sponsored by a qualified agency working in HIV/STD prevention, or a refugee resettlement organization. Candidates who are not accepted may visit the following website to view other "Bridging the Gap" training opportunities: http://xculture.org/
Mental Health Interpreting Resources
An Invitation to Join the Utah Medical Interpreters Listserver
The Utah Department of Health, Tuberculosis Control and Refugee Health, has created a listserver for medical interpreters and others involved with refugee health. The listserver will provide its members an easy way to exchange information and to discuss issues such as:
- upcoming medical interpreters' training courses and refresher courses
- situations and/or areas where medical interpreters are needed
- other issues of concern to medical interpreters
- refugee health issues
- upcoming workshops, etc. related to medical interpreters and/or refugee health
What does it mean to be a member of this listserver?
As a member of the listserver, you will receive email messages from other members. If you are interested in the message, read it (and reply if you wish); otherwise, delete it. You may also send messages to the listserver that will then be distributed to all members (but you don't have to send messages to be a member of the listserver). Most of the time, you will receive no more than one to two messages from the listserver in a given week.
What are the rules of the listserver?
The ground rules for the listserver are simple:
- Respect everyone's privacy. Don't send messages that would allow readers to identify a patient, health care provider or clinic. The only exception to this rule is when a health care provider or clinic wishes to ask for assistance from a member of the listserver.
- Please be polite when sending or replying to messages. Don't send messages that belittle or criticize others. If you have a problem with a health care provider or clinic, please contact them directly.
How can I join the listserver?
Joining the listserver is easy!
How can I get help?
To subscribe to the listserver, email a message to: firstname.lastname@example.org and type "subscribe utah_medical_interpreter1" in the subject line (leave out the quotation marks). You will receive a confirmation of your subscription. To unsubscribe, send another message to the same address with "unsubscribe utah_medical_interpreter1" in the subject line (and leave out the quotation marks).
To send a message to be posted on the listserver, email your message to: email@example.com. Be sure to include a subject line with your message.
Call the Treatment & Care Services Program at