Welcome to the Utah Child Care Licensing Program!
Vision: Access to safe, healthy child care for Utah families.
Mission:To support working parents by protecting the health and safety of children in regulated child care programs. This is accomplished by:
- Establishing and enforcing health and safety standards for child care programs.
- Training and supporting providers in meeting the established health and safety standards.
- Providing the public with accurate information about regulated child care.
LICENSING IS THE FOUNDATION FOR QUALITY!
WHAT'S NEW? ...AND MORE.
- Rethinking the Rules - Center Proposed Rules Draft
- This is a draft of the proposed rules for centers. Learn more. . .
- Rethinking the Rules
- We are in the process of improving our rules and would like as many ideas and as much input as possible. Learn more. . .
- Secure Furniture and TVs
- Every 30 minutes tipped furniture or a falling TV sends an injured child to the emergency room. Preventing tip-over accidents is easy, inexpensive, and takes only 5 minutes. Learn more. . .
- Fingerprint Processing Fees
- Effective November 30, 2016, the fingerprint processing fee changed from $52.75 to $37.00.
- Rethinking the Rules - Home Proposed Rules Draft
- This is a draft of the proposed rules for Homes. Available soon...
- Office of Child Care - Quality Subsidy Payments
- The Office of Child Care (OCC) wants provider input regarding quality subsidy payments. The first meeting for this input will be at 1:00 pm on March 29th, 2017 at the DWS building on 1385 South State Street in Salt Lake City.
- CPSC Recall - Little Tykes Toddler Swing
- A 2-in-1 Snug 'n Secure Swing has been recalled due to a fall hazard. Learn more...
- Media and Young Minds
- The American Academy of Pediatrics recently published current research about the educational benefits and health concerns of young children's use of technology. Learn more . . .