Welcome to the Utah Child Care Licensing Program!
Vision: Access to safe, healthy child care for Utah families.
Mission:To support working parents by protecting the health and safety of children in child care programs we oversee. This is accomplished by:
- Establishing and assessing health and safety standards.
- Training and supporting providers in meeting the established standards.
- Providing the public with accurate information about these child care programs.
LICENSING IS THE FOUNDATION FOR QUALITY!
WHAT'S NEW? ...AND MORE.
- Want to be a member of one of our committees?
- The Residential Advisory Committee and the Center Licensing Committee need new members. There are openings for a pediatrician, a licensed family child care provider, a residential certificate child care provider, a child care center owner, a child development expert, and an architect. If you are interested, please complete and submit the Child Care Licensing Program Committee Application or contact Jacqueline Macias at (801)273-2904 or email@example.com.
- The new rules were effective 12-28-2017.
- Here are the rules for each facility type. Centers Hourly Center Out of School Time Programs Licensed Family Residential Certificate
- The Great Utah ShakeOut
- The Great Utah ShakeOut will take place at 10:15 a.m. on April 19th, 2018. Child Care Licensing and Care About Childcare will test the state system after the drill. You can register your facility to be part of the testing. More information can be found at The Great Utah ShakeOut.
- Webinars About the New Rules
- On Friday, January 12th, there were webinars about the new rules. Recordings of those webinars are on the Training page.