Employment-Related Personal Care Services (EPAS)
This program provides eligible individuals with personal care services in order to maintain employment. Services are designed to help people with disabilities work in integrated and competitive employment settings. Services may include physical assistance and cognitive cuing to direct self-performance of necessary activities.
- Eligible for Traditional Medicaid;
- Have a disabling condition as defined by Social Security;
- Individual must be working or have a promise of a job (at least 40 hours per month) making minimum wage or above;
- Demonstrate a need for personal care services (assessment provided)
- Complete an application for services.
Services are not covered:
- When provided by a legally responsible family member or guardian;
- When provided to individuals residing in hospitals, nursing facilities, or ICFs/MR;
- When provided to individuals enrolled in a 1915(c) Home and Community-Based Waiver.
- Service Coordination
- Personal Attendant Services (ADL’s)
- Personal Hygiene
- Personal Attendant Services (IADL’s)
- Meal Preparation
- Ordinary Housework
- Managing Finances
- Managing Medications
- Transportation for work
- Financial Management Services