New Choices Waiver
Important Program Changes
- The majority of available waiver slots will be reserved for long term residents of nursing facilities, hospitals and other Utah licensed medical institutions (excluding institutions for mental disease).
- The existing admission policies for this group have not changed.
- Residents of nursing facilities, hospitals or other Utah licensed medical institutions (non-IMD) are NOT limited to the open application periods listed below and may submit an application at any time during the year until the reserved slots are full.
- For individuals wishing to access one of the remaining non-reserved slots, applications will only be permitted during three open application periods each year. The actual number of individuals admitted during each application period will be limited. Applicants who have lived in a qualifying facility type the longest will be given preference.
The open application schedule will be as follows:
- July 1 - July 14
- November 1 – November 14
- March 1 – March 14
Applications must be date stamped with a date that falls within the application period dates in order to be considered. (Fax date stamp, USPS post mark, or secure email received date stamp.)
- The length of stay requirement is 365 days for people applying to the New Choices Waiver program from licensed ALFs and Type N facilities. To meet this criterion, applicants must have satisfied the full 365 days on or before the last day of the open application period in which they apply.
The New Choices Waiver program has updated its application materials. Old applications are not valid, so please contact the program office to request an updated application. (800) 662-9651, option 6.
Services Available Through the New Choices Waiver Program:
Adult Day Care
Adult Residential Services
Assistive Technology Devices
Consumer Preparation Services
Emergency Response Systems
Environmental Accessibility Adaptations
Financial Management Services
Home Delivered Meals
Community Transition Services
Medication Assistance Services
Personal Budget Assistance
Specialized Medical Equipment