Share the Road Driver's Education Program
"Share the Road" was a two-year program that ran from October 2004 through September 2006. This program was designed to educate drivers about bicycle safety laws. Highlights from the program included:
An evaluation of the program materials was conducted at the 2007 UDTSEA conference. Results included:
- 54% of respondents said they had used the educational video in their driver's education classes.
- Of those who had not used the video, 70% said the reason they did not use it was because they did not have a copy of the video.
- 56% of respondents said they had not used the curriculum materials. Of these, 69% said they did not have a copy of the curriculum materials.
- 84% of respondents said that they would use the educational video and curriculum materials to teach future classes.
- 76% of respondents felt that the Share the Road program increased students knowledge of safely sharing the road. Only 12% didn’t think that it had increased students' knowledge.
- Share the Road final report