Rape Prevention and Education Grant (RPE)
**Applications are due Wednesday, January 29, 2014 no later than 6:00 p.m.**
The Utah Department of Health is requesting proposals to target rape and sexual assault primary prevention in the state of
Utah. Governmental and non-profit organizations are eligible to apply.
Approximately, $250,000 per grant year is expected to be available and it is
anticipated that there will be 7-15 awards ranging from $5,000 to $50,000 per grant year.
Requests above $50,000 per grant year will not be reviewed or considered. Please note: This
amount is subject to change.
Applicants must submit program and budget proposals reflecting programming for the funding
period of May 1, 2014 to April 30, 2019.
Applicants may contact Katie McMinn at 801-538-9277 or email@example.com or Teresa Betzer at 801-538-
6888 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
RPE Award Application
Applications must be received at the Utah Department of Health, no later than 6:00 p.m., Wednesday, January 29, 2014. The application package MUST include:
- One original application signed by the authorized business official for the agency. The
person stated on the Utah Department of Commerce, Business Entity Search
https://secure.utah.gov/bes/action/index as the Registered Agent is the Authorized Agent of
- Six, three-hole punched copies of the complete application, bound by a paper clip. DO
Applications may be delivered by hand or by express delivery to the Utah
Department of Health, Violence and Injury Prevention Program, 288 North 1460 West, Salt
Lake City, UT. Submissions by mail must be sent to P.O. Box 142106, Salt Lake City, Utah,
84114-2106. Applications must be received by 6:00 p.m. Wednesday, January 29, 2014,
without exception. Applications that do not meet these requirements will not be reviewed
and will be returned to the sender.
- January 29, 2014 - Applications due no later than 6:00 p.m.
- February 10, 2014 - Award notification letters e-mailed
- February 13, 2014 - Conference calls with contracted agencies (1-5 pm)
- February 28, 2014 - Completed revision and finalized contracts due
(This includes accurate W-9 and assurances)
- April 30, 2014 - Sexual Assault Prevention and Education contracts finalized
- May 1, 2014 - Start date of award period
- May 31, 2015 - Year one progress and financial status reports due
- May 31, 2016 - Year two progress and financial status reports due
- May 31, 2017 - Year three progress and financial status reports due
- May 31, 2018 - Year four progress and financial status reports due
- April 30, 2019 - End date of award period
- July 31, 2019 - Final progress and financial status reports due
Currently Funded RPE Projects 2010-2011